Re: Is there any saving of KMenu?

said deloptes:

| dep via tde-users wrote:
| > it seems to save them under ~/.config/menus, if the timestamp is any
| > indication.
|
| yes, if you look at  the freedesktop specs

I could be wrong about this, but I believe that the chief reason for the
very existence of the Trinity Desktop is an unwillingness to submit to
specs imposed by others.

| I also have the kickoff and do not have kbfx installed. I am not sure
| what the kbfx is doing. I hope you've done a backup of your system
| before start messing up :D

I've tracked down the kbfx executable. It's added as an applet in Kicker in
the usual add-applet fashion. Which I did. It rendered the same old KMenu,
with a bigger button. There seems to be a small industry in
creating "skins" for it. This is important to some, I guess. But the
important thing is whether it conforms to the UN Charter.

|  KBFX is an alternative to the classical T-Menu button and its menu.
|  It improves the user experience by enabling him to set a bigger (and
| thus more
|  visible) start button and by finally replacing the Win95-like T-Menu.
|  If you still want the old menu, because you're used to it, it is still
|  available as an option in kbfx. We recommend, however, that you give
| the Spinx
|  bar a try.

Yes, that's what the meager documentation indeed says. What it doesn't say
is how to start the damned thing. Might have been worth including in the
readme or something.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album