Re: Is there any saving of KMenu?

said Mike Bird via tde-users:

| Does opening /opt/trinity/bin in konqueror get you where you want to be?

No.

| You can add a non-TDE button to a panel (see attached) and click on it
| to bring up the "menu" (see attached).

Yes, that's been possible since forever. For a very long time you can drag
pretty nearly anything onto kicker and open it from there., and Konqueror
has been able to launch applications since it was called KFM.

My goal has been to achieve something of the sort that Kate has mentioned
and depicted. To further that goal I installed something she mentioned
called kbfx, which I gather is of help. But if it exists in some form
other than a configurator of -- what? -- I cannot find it.

Meanwhile, I have edited KMenu by hand in kmenuedit and have come part way
toward achieving the goal (while removing a dozen or so -- so far --
duplicate entries). It appears that from time to time I'll have to go in
and fix what the G7 or EU or Warsaw Pact has decreed I must have on my
desktop.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album