Re: Is there any saving of KMenu?

dep via tde-users wrote:

> But, you see, I do not give a toot for those specifications. I would like
> items to appear in alphabetical order on my computer on my desk. I do not
> propose that you must do that. I do not propose that anyone else must do
> that. I propose that I be able to do that.

But, you see, you should "give a toot", because TDE complies to these specs
(more or less).
The time spent on this "stupid" wish to do things like you want would be
more efficiently spent in learning the desktop you use (which includes the
applications you use and the menus).
I'm just trying to help by telling you that IMO the thing you want is not
easily doable and at the end you will have probably more troubles.
But I am not a person to tell someone what to do, neither I know TDE so
good. I just wonder how it could be that you have such a problem knowing
which application has which name and is located where in the menu.
I mean if I drive a car, I still know where is the gas and the break pedal,
but this is all that I can say. What you will do is your business.

> And when I'm imterested in the contents of a .desktop file, I open that
> file in a text editor and look at it.

I was never interested in this until you came along with your fantasies :)
It is what it is and there are people that work on this standardization so
that all desktops work together. Developers follow and create the desktop
files for each application, where also the category is being defined.
Developers decide how each application will be named and how it will appear
in the menu. Who is you and I to change this?