Re: Is there any saving of KMenu?

On Sunday 13 June 2021 08:13:58 dep via tde-users wrote:
> said deloptes:
> | dep via tde-users wrote:
> | > it seems to save them under ~/.config/menus, if the timestamp is any
> | > indication.
> |
> | yes, if you look at  the freedesktop specs
>
> I could be wrong about this, but I believe that the chief reason for the
> very existence of the Trinity Desktop is an unwillingness to submit to
> specs imposed by others.
>
> | I also have the kickoff and do not have kbfx installed. I am not sure
> | what the kbfx is doing. I hope you've done a backup of your system
> | before start messing up :D
>
> I've tracked down the kbfx executable. It's added as an applet in Kicker in
> the usual add-applet fashion. Which I did. It rendered the same old KMenu,
> with a bigger button. There seems to be a small industry in
> creating "skins" for it. This is important to some, I guess. But the
> important thing is whether it conforms to the UN Charter.

> |  KBFX is an alternative to the classical T-Menu button and its menu.
> |  It improves the user experience by enabling him to set a bigger (and
> | thus more
> |  visible) start button and by finally replacing the Win95-like T-Menu.
> |  If you still want the old menu, because you're used to it, it is still
> |  available as an option in kbfx. We recommend, however, that you give
> | the Spinx
> |  bar a try.
>
> Yes, that's what the meager documentation indeed says. What it doesn't say
> is how to start the damned thing. Might have been worth including in the
> readme or something.
> --
> dep

It seems to me that the contributors to this thread must be getting paid by
the word, since it is beginning to take on Dickensian proportions.

However, an alternative to the present TDE menu is worth looking into, as I
also have some persistent glitches that won't go away and don't "want" to be
modified by myself. And as for the debate over uniform standards versus user
wishes - well, I am of two minds there. And I stand firmly on both sides of
that question.

Anyway, use the search feature in your TDE menu, enter kbfx, and you ought to
find *somewhere* within this item:

kbfxconfigapp

Enter that into your run dialog (alt+F2), and it opens up the configurator
application.

Bill