Re: Is there any saving of KMenu?

Anno domini 2021 Sat, 12 Jun 19:30:41 +0000
 dep via tde-users scripsit:
> said Borg Labs:
> [...]
> | A few steps but once it's done you can back it up, add, subtract items
> | etc. Been doing it since 3.5.
>
> I've just downloaded and installed kbfx, but I can't make heads or tails of
> it. In fact, all that I can see that got installed was a configuration
> application that is heavy on themes -- yuck -- and light on how to use the
> thing. In fact, I can't find how to start the thing at all.
>
> What I'm trying to achieve here is a menu that lists applications of my
> choosing in categories of my choosing in an order of my choosing, which
> would be alphabetical. I cannot imagine that this would be particularly
> complicated, but it apparently is. One of the reasons I abandoned KDE
> after 3.5 is that it seemed that people were engaging in Dickensian
> programming. (Charles Dickens was paid by the word, which is why his
> newspaper serials and resulting books are so long and complicated. If he
> had been paid by the job, they would have been shorter, less complicated,
> and generally better, I think.)
>
> It needn't look any different from the regular KMenu. I just want to be
> able to populate it in my own fashion. No one else needs to like it,
> because no one else will ever see it.

Oh, I totally forgot: some time ago I added a qucklauncher to my bar as second icon. It shows the content of a directory in my home folder ("tde-custom-menu") with all that stuff I seldom use but would like to have access to when needed. Well, it does not offer seperation lines and items are sorted alphabeticly by the filename, but as it's in the file system I can place anything I like in there, e.g. links to remote machines, programs, links to directories ... and the only tools needed are konsole+editor or konqueror+editor.

Nik