Re: [users] r14-xdg-update?

On Fri, 21 May 2021 21:26:32 +0200
"Dr. Nikolaus Klepp" <office@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Agreed. Aparently I don't know why /opt/trinity/bin/r14-xdg-update is not run by the postinstall-script. But then I have to admit I don't know this cute little program is doing at all :)

Mostly, it adjusts some environment variables, config file locations, and menu
details for better compliance with the XDG specification put out by
freedesktop.org .  It's a very long and ugly script that as far as I can tell
should have no real effect unless you're migrating a profile from KDE3 or a
version of TDE more than five years old.

If you're doing a new install, or installing on top of a working TDE less
than five years old, I'd assume that any whining it does is a false positive
unless you encounter actual breakage.

Personally, my opinion is that test 9 should be modified or retired because
it constantly causes trouble by indicating breakage on systems that are
clearly not broken.

E. Liddell