r14-xdg-update?

greetings, everybody . . .

having just completed the ordeal of moving my ubuntu 18.04 install from a
2-tb drive that was popping up increasingly strident messages warning of
its impending doom to a 6-tb drive and thus enduring the process of going
from MBR to UEFI, the time fast approaches for me to go 18.04 > 20.04.

before i do that, though, i thought i'd check and see if there's any
definitive solution to the r14-xdg-update error messages that have come
here at the startup of TDE (R14.0.10, currently) for many months now. in
that i rarely reboot, it's not been a huge problem, but i presume they're
there for a reason and before i upgrade i thought i'd try to fix the
problem. i searched the archives and found no evidence of a solution.

so: is there a solution? if there isn't, is there any harm in just clicking
the (several) boxes that pop up and living with the perceived error?
that's what i've been doing, but i've never been happy about it.

thanks very much in advance for any useful information that might be
proffered.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album