Re: [users] r14-xdg-update?

On 2021-05-21 13:45:06 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Anno domini 2021 Fri, 21 May 18:30:05 +0000
>
>  dep via tde-users scripsit:
	Once for each user account, right?

> > | Permanently across reboots .. well, till the next major TDE update that
> > | forces r14-xdg-update to do some special things.
> > |
> > | Nik
> >
> > Thanks! I'll give it a shot and if it works I'll join the chorus of those
> > who hope it gets added to the documentation.
>
> Real men don't read docs :)
>
> Nik

	In my years as a mainframe programmer and later administrator, I did indeed encounter
quite a number of Real Men who complained that IBM provides "too much documentation".
That didn't keep them from coming around periodically to pick my brain. :-)
	Sadly, I now often find myself complaining of the lack of documentation in the Unix
world.  I DO understand that the team is small and the tasks large, but having the same
problem pop up after each upgrade, with the same group of incoherent 'just do this and
all will be well (until next time)' is extremely frustrating.

	I did find a bit of additional information about the Menu system in the Administrator
Guide handbook, and I will be looking at the XDG documentation to see what I can glean
there.

Leslie

> > --
> > dep