Re: r14-xdg-update?

On Friday 21 May 2021 11:45:06 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Anno domini 2021 Fri, 21 May 18:30:05 +0000
>
>  dep via tde-users scripsit:

> > | Permanently across reboots .. well, till the next major TDE update that
> > | forces r14-xdg-update to do some special things.
> > |
> > | Nik
> >
> > Thanks! I'll give it a shot and if it works I'll join the chorus of those
> > who hope it gets added to the documentation.
>
> Real men don't read docs :)
>
> Nik

Real men don't join users groups, and especially don't subscribe to mailing
lists. Least of all do they (I mean, we) need your advice. Real men are out
there, somewhere in the wilderness, at least in our dreams, wrestling bears
and tigers.

;-)

By the way, I try out your recommendation:

run /opt/trinity/bin/r14-xdg-update as root on a console ... then reboot
[slightly edited]

I created a file with the correct lines:
applications-tdemenuedit.menu-<corrected>.txt
then overwrite the one with the wrong (KDE4/5 krap) lines:
applications-tdemenuedit.menu
Then reboot. But your suggestion seems easier.

Just wondering, though, why anybody (J. Leslie Turriff or others) runs KDE4/5
krap, unless somebody is forcing you to do so - i.e., by torture, blackmail,
a loaded weapon pointed at your head ...?

Bill