Re: [users] r14-xdg-update?

Anno domini 2021 Fri, 21 May 14:05:07 -0500
 J Leslie Turriff scripsit:
> On 2021-05-21 13:45:06 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > Anno domini 2021 Fri, 21 May 18:30:05 +0000
> >
> >  dep via tde-users scripsit:
> 	Once for each user account, right?

> > > Thanks! I'll give it a shot and if it works I'll join the chorus of those
> > > who hope it gets added to the documentation.
> >
> > Real men don't read docs :)
> >
> > Nik
>
> 	In my years as a mainframe programmer and later administrator, I did indeed encounter
> quite a number of Real Men who complained that IBM provides "too much documentation".
> That didn't keep them from coming around periodically to pick my brain. :-)
> 	Sadly, I now often find myself complaining of the lack of documentation in the Unix
> world.  I DO understand that the team is small and the tasks large, but having the same
> problem pop up after each upgrade, with the same group of incoherent 'just do this and
> all will be well (until next time)' is extremely frustrating.

Agreed. Aparently I don't know why /opt/trinity/bin/r14-xdg-update is not run by the postinstall-script. But then I have to admit I don't know this cute little program is doing at all :)

@docs: I like the way FreeBSD handles these things. Linux is still nice, but there is a new generation of programmers that prefer youtube videos to written documentation. Maybe I'm too old for this, but the last days I was faced with the problem of picking a person for a project that's not afraid of the console - didn't know that reading is martial arts nowadays ;)

Nik