Re: Folders missing with new version

2011.02.25 06:39 Alex raÅÄ:
> Hi,
>
> I thought I had solved my problem, but creating new folders is a bit
> weird still.
>
>> Correct configuration is
>> ----
>> SquirrelMail Configuration : Read: config.php (1.4.0)
>> Folder Defaults
>> 1. ÂDefault Folder Prefix     Â: mail/
>> 2. ÂShow Folder Prefix Option   Â: true
>> 3. ÂTrash Folder          : Trash
>> 4. ÂSent Folder          Â: Sent
>> 5. ÂDrafts Folder         Â: Drafts
>> ----
>> Folder list should look like
>> http://img593.imageshack.us/i/nuotrauka1.png/.
>> If you compare screenshots, you should see that folder tree is more
>> readable
>> in second screenshot and uses less screen estate.
>>
>> Check SquirrelMail user preferences and make sure that they don't have
>> folder prefix or special folders' customizations.
>
> Okay, I have set the configuration to the above, including the mail/
> setting, but have left the folder names as INBOX.Trash, etc, for
> simplicity for now.
>
>> Create ~/mail/ directory and move all mailboxes to mail/.
>
> Okay, have done this.
>
>> Rename INBOX.Something mailboxes to Something.
>>
>> Delete .mailboxlist
>
> Okay, have deleted .mailboxlist. Is that not a component of uw?

It stores list of subscribed folders.

> The users are now able to create folders, but they have a leading dot,
> as in mail/.foldername instead of just mail/foldername. What would be
> the cause of this?
>
>> Enable autosubscribe plugin and set it to subscribe all mailboxes.
>
> It seems newly created folders are automatically subscribed, and the
> Folders config page for the user has the ability to subscribe to other
> folders in their home. Is there another reason I should install the
> autosubscribe?

I've asked to "unsubscribe" all folders, when I asked to delete
.mailboxlist. After you move all folders to new location, users have all
their mailboxes unsubscribed. Correctly configured plugin ensures that
users don't have to resubscribe mailboxes.

Please show all your SquirrelMail configuration, user preferences
(excluding user names and mail_fetch plugin data) and your UW imap server

tomas@miri:~$ telnet localhost 20143
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 I18NLEVEL=1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS]
localhost IMAP4rev1 2007e.404 at Fri, 25 Feb 2011 07:26:08 +0200 (EET)
A01 LOGIN some-username some-password
A01 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 I18NLEVEL=1 LITERAL+ IDLE UIDPLUS NAMESPACE
CHILDREN MAILBOX-REFERRALS BINARY UNSELECT ESEARCH WITHIN SCAN SORT
THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT MULTIAPPEND] User test
authenticated
A02 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 I18NLEVEL=1 LITERAL+ IDLE UIDPLUS NAMESPACE
CHILDREN MAILBOX-REFERRALS BINARY UNSELECT ESEARCH WITHIN SCAN SORT
THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT MULTIAPPEND SASL-IR
LOGIN-REFERRALS
A02 OK CAPABILITY completed
A03 NAMESPACE
* NAMESPACE (("" "/")("#mhinbox" NIL)("#mh/" "/")) (("~" "/"))
A03 OK NAMESPACE completed
A04 LOGOUT
* BYE localhost IMAP4rev1 server terminating connection
A04 OK LOGOUT completed
Connection closed by foreign host.
tomas@miri:~$