Re: Folders missing with new version

Alex-325 wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>> Is there a way to migrate these folders to the format of the new
>>> version?
>>>
>> In SquirrelMail default folder prefix for uw-imap is not none or INBOX..
>> It
>> is mail/
>>
>> Check which UW imap version you are running. SquirrelMail has folder
>> management issues with some uw-imap servers.
>
> It's a really old version of UW imap that I can't upgrade right now.
>
> It was working fine with the old version. I was hoping to keep it
> running for a bit longer until we can upgrade the whole server.
>
> There is no mail/ directory. All the mail files are in the user's home:
>
> [root@mail:user1] # ls -l
> total 49008
> -rw-------   1 user1 users      124041 Feb  1 10:20 INBOX.Drafts
> -rw-------   1 user1 users    23982693 Feb 22 10:06 INBOX.Sent
> -rw-------   1 user1 users     5295779 Feb 16 13:41 INBOX.Trash
> -rw-------   1 user1 users    20356691 Jan 28 21:53 memos
> -rw-------   1 user1 users         514 Jan 28 10:14 friends
> -rw-------   1 user1 users      324889 Jan 11 14:05 receipts
>
> ~user1/.mailboxlist has:
> INBOX.Sent
> INBOX.Trash
> INBOX.Drafts
> memos
> friends
> receipts
>
> These were all created using an older version of squirrelmail.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Your SquirrelMail configuration was

SquirrelMail Configuration : Read: config.php (1.4.0)
Folder Defaults
1.  Default Folder Prefix          :
2.  Show Folder Prefix Option      : false
3.  Trash Folder                   : INBOX.Trash
4.  Sent Folder                    : INBOX.Sent
5.  Drafts Folder                  : INBOX.Drafts

Folders should look like http://img411.imageshack.us/i/nuotraukao.png/.
Screenshot is from UW 2007e and SquirrelMail 1.4.21. User should be able to
use it, if user preferences are not customized to look for email in
different folder. If you can't use such misconfigured interface, then
problem is most likely in user preferences or your empty folder prefix
configuration differs from my empty folder prefix configuration.

Correct configuration is
----
SquirrelMail Configuration : Read: config.php (1.4.0)
Folder Defaults
1.  Default Folder Prefix          : mail/
2.  Show Folder Prefix Option      : true
3.  Trash Folder                   : Trash
4.  Sent Folder                    : Sent
5.  Drafts Folder                  : Drafts
----
Folder list should look like http://img593.imageshack.us/i/nuotrauka1.png/.
If you compare screenshots, you should see that folder tree is more readable
in second screenshot and uses less screen estate.

Check SquirrelMail user preferences and make sure that they don't have
folder prefix or special folders' customizations.

Create ~/mail/ directory and move all mailboxes to mail/.

Rename INBOX.Something mailboxes to Something.

Delete .mailboxlist

Enable autosubscribe plugin and set it to subscribe all mailboxes.

If you insist on using UW without mail/ prefix, you are not just using UW.
You are using it in suboptimal configuration. Please take care of your
server and configure IMAP client correctly before it toasts your server.