Re: load continuously for some emails in some languages with utf-8 charset

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:05 PM, nethubonline <nethubonline@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>>
>> 100% CPU load after clicking the "Submit" button??  Do you mean after
>> you click "Submit" and go to the INBOX message list?  Or do you really
>> mean the Display Options page "Submit" button locked up the server??
>>

> Sorry for my unclear msg, it should be:
> 100% cpu loading after go to Options > Display Preferences > set "Chinese
> Trad" in Language > Submit > go to Inbox to view the email
>

> Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>>
>> No debug message is shown when you do what?  What action are you
>> trying in this case?  Does the screen show anything at all?
>>

> I just go to Options > Display Preferences > set "Chinese Trad" in Language
>> Submit > go to Inbox to view the email. if there is no problem email in
> the inbox, the debug msg can be shown, however if there is problem email in
> inbox, then only show the top menu.....and then hanged.
>

> Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>>
>> You can't use SquirrelMail in Traditional Chinese without a
>> translation pack, although that might not matter (the problem may not
>> be related to the presence or lack of the presence of the
>> translations).
>>

> Yes, that's why I perform several testing that with and without translation
> pack :)
>

> Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>>
>> However, if mb_strpos() is returning 0 (zero) instead of FALSE as it
>> should, this *does* create an infinite loop.  I have uploaded a new
>> patch for this condition to the tracker I previously mentioned.
>> Testers are appreciated.
>>

> Thx Paul. I confirmed that after I patched squirrelmail with
> strings.php.fix.diff,
> the page can be displayed without generate 100% cpu loading.

Thanks for taking the time to submit the needed test messages and test
the suggested patches.  I have committed the fix to our repository, so
snapshots of version 1.4.22 should carry this fix within 24 hours from
now.  We appreciate your help.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team