Re: load continuously for some emails in some languages with utf-8 charset

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 9:49 PM, nethubonline <nethubonline@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for this info.  Unfortunately, I am unable to do anything more
>> about this until I can reliably retrieve your sample email.  The
>> attachment you originally sent is corrupt for me when I download it.
>>

> Sorry for the mistake about the attachment, here I upload a zipped file
> which contains 3 sample to cause the squirrelmail load continuously:
>
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p29488699/problem_emails.zip problem_emails.zip

Thank you for the further example specimens.  So far I cannot
reproduce the issue, so your continued help is appreciated.  It's
likely due to version differences, perhaps in particular, the mbstring
functionality is not reliable across versions.

I have opened a bug tracker item to track this issue, where I have
also uploaded all the example messages you have found.

I have also uploaded two patch files to that tracker:

1) A patch that adds some debugging information to the screen so you
can report back what happens when the lock-up (endless loop) happens

2) A patch that might contain a potential fix for the problem
(however, this fix is just a guess by me, since I cannot yet reproduce
the issue myself)

Please have a look at your earliest convenience.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3053349&group_id=311&atid=100311

Oh, also, what translation pack are you using (date?  charset from
locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/squirrelmail.po?)?  Note that the zh_TW was
changed to UTF-8 in early 2008, but if you are using a translation
from any earlier, this could be an issue.  If that's the case, please
download a a newer translation from the downloads page.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team