Re: load continuously for some emails in some languages with utf-8 charset

Paul Lesniewski wrote:

> Thank you for the further example specimens.  So far I cannot
> reproduce the issue, so your continued help is appreciated.  It's
> likely due to version differences, perhaps in particular, the mbstring
> functionality is not reliable across versions.

Actually I just use the sources file in official website to re-produce the
problem, but please kindly note that you will need to change the language to
Traditional Chinese language in order to re-produce the issue. (Options >
Display Preferences > set "Chinese Trad" in Language > Submit)

Paul Lesniewski wrote:

> I have also uploaded two patch files to that tracker:
>
> 1) A patch that adds some debugging information to the screen so you
> can report back what happens when the lock-up (endless loop) happens
>
> 2) A patch that might contain a potential fix for the problem
> (however, this fix is just a guess by me, since I cannot yet reproduce
> the issue myself)
>
> Please have a look at your earliest convenience.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3053349&group_id=311&atid=100311

Seems above 2 patches cannot help, I just re-test different combination of
squirrelmail installation, here are the results:

Environment: only install squirrelmail-1.4.21.tar.bz
Result: 100% cpu loading after go to Options > Display Preferences > set
"Chinese Trad" in Language > Submit

Environment: only install squirrelmail-20100826_0200-SVN.stable.tar.bz2
Result: 100% cpu loading after go to Options > Display Preferences > set
"Chinese Trad" in Language > Submit

Environment: only install squirrelmail-20100826_0200-SVN.stable.tar.bz2 +
all_locales-1.4.18-20090526.tar.bz2
Result: 100% cpu loading after go to Options > Display Preferences > set
"Chinese Trad" in Language > Submit

Environment: only install squirrelmail-20100826_0200-SVN.stable.tar.bz2 +
squirrelmail-20100826_0200-SVN.locales.tar.bz2
Result: 100% cpu loading after go to Options > Display Preferences > set
"Chinese Trad" in Language > Submit

Environment: only install squirrelmail-20100826_0200-SVN.stable.tar.bz2 +
squirrelmail-decode-1.2.tar.bz2
Result: 100% cpu loading after go to Options > Display Preferences > set
"Chinese Trad" in Language > Submit

Environment: only install squirrelmail-20100826_0200-SVN.stable.tar.bz2 +
squirrelmail-20100826_0200-SVN.locales.tar.bz2 +
squirrelmail-decode-1.2.tar.bz2
Result: 100% cpu loading after go to Options > Display Preferences > set
"Chinese Trad" in Language > Submit

Environment: only install squirrelmail-20100826_0200-SVN.stable.tar.bz2 +
strings.php.possible.fix.diff
Result: 100% cpu loading after go to Options > Display Preferences > set
"Chinese Trad" in Language > Submit

Environment: only install squirrelmail-20100826_0200-SVN.stable.tar.bz2 +
strings.php.debug.diff
Result: No debug msg is shown, after 40-50% cpu loading in server for a
minute, the firefox prompted Runtime Error "This application has requested
the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way".

* Plz note all above sources are downloaded from
http://squirrelmail.org/download.php

Paul Lesniewski wrote:

> Oh, also, what translation pack are you using (date?  charset from
> locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/squirrelmail.po?)?  Note that the zh_TW was
> changed to UTF-8 in early 2008, but if you are using a translation
> from any earlier, this could be an issue.  If that's the case, please
> download a a newer translation from the downloads page.

In my first test, I didn't apply any translation pack (locale), just the
fresh install of squirrelmail sources, and from above several testing, you
can see both "with translation pack" & "without translation pack" will cause
same issue.