Re: squirrelmail can not list folders

Hello Tomas Kuliavas,

> SquirrelMail does not mark emails as read, if user does not ask for that.
> Looks like your Mutt is setup to use Maildir directly and courier moved
> new mails from new to cur after you logged in IMAP. Mutt stored
> read/unread information differently.

No, I use mutt with IMAP

If a messages comes in, it is stored in the /new/ folder and  the  first
IMAP client which access the IMAP store, trigger  courier  to  move  the
messages to /cur/.  But now if I access the IMAP server with  mutt,  the
messges are all maked as "OLD" and not "NEW".  So mutt does not find any
messages to access.

I use in my own webmail tool "php5-imap" and here the behaviour is right

> Is server side sorting turned on? Is Mutt set to use IMAP or works with
> Maildir directly?

No, no server side sorting and "mutt2 use IMAP

> SquirrelMail uses standard IMAP subscription commands.
> courierimapsubscribed is not used by SquirrelMail. It is used by
> Courier-IMAP. Looks like your mobile mailer does some thing too and you
> bombed it after you subscribed lots of folders in SquirrelMail.

The file ~/Maildir/courierimapsubscribe had always  arround  15  folders
listed and mutt was configured to ignore the file using

    set map_list_subscribed=no

because my Nokia has not such function which mean  I  have  to  use  the
standard courierimapsubscribe for it which was  modified  after  I  used
squirrelmail and had severa 100 folders isted.

> How big is your user's pref file and is server side sorting turned on in
> SquirrelMail configuration?

-rw-rw----- 1 root www-data 3815 2010-07-04 19:46 /var/lib/squirrelmail/data-tdnet/michelle.konzack.pref

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

itsystems@tdnet France EURL       itsystems@tdnet UG (limited liability)
Owner Michelle Konzack            Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz                 Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France           77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil         Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx