Re: squirrelmail can not list folders

2010.07.04 20:26 Michelle Konzack rašė:
>> values. Do you use some PHP opcache extensions (apc, commercial zend
>> extensions
>> from zend server or zend platform, xcache or others)?
>
> No

Consider installing apc. It reduces peak memory usage and with 32MB memory
limit you might hit memory limits.

>> Can you install 1.4.15 and make sure that this version can list folders
>> on
>> account which fails in 1.4.20? You don't have to replace existing 1.4.20
>> install. Just install 1.4.15 in different location.
>
> If I klick on the Link "Folders" I get a page only with the  header  but
> no list where I can select the folders.
>
> Currently I have to try out:
>     <http://webmail.tamay-dogan.net/squirrelmail-1.4.15/>
>     <http://webmail.tamay-dogan.net/squirrelmail-1.4.20-RC2/>
>     <http://webmail.tamay-dogan.net/squirrelmail-1.4.20/>
>
> But using suirrelmail together with mutt  screw  up  all.  Once  I  have
> accessed my courier-imap through squirrelmail, ANY NEW MAILS inside mutt
> are gone.
>
> Sorry, but this is the last crap.  squirrelail should not mark mails  as
> read if it check the directroies for existing messages.  Now I  can  not
> acces the arround 200 folders where I have more  then  400.000  messages
> stored.  So only squirrelmail know, where the new messages are but I can
> not access the folders.

SquirrelMail does not mark emails as read, if user does not ask for that.
Looks like your Mutt is setup to use Maildir directly and courier moved
new mails from new to cur after you logged in IMAP. Mutt stored
read/unread information differently.

> Also in my BTS_debian.* folder, any read messages marked as unread.
> Exactly more then 180.000 messages.

Is server side sorting turned on? Is Mutt set to use IMAP or works with
Maildir directly?

>> Are you sure that problem happens only after certain number of IMAP
>> folders and
>> is not related to some specific IMAP folder. If courierimapsubscribe is
>> too big,
>> are you sure that there is nothing strange in it. Like same folder is
>> subscribed
>> several times.
>
> No it is not, because "mutt" and "thunderbird" use it to  and  there  is
> nothing wrong.
>
> It seems I have to stop  squirrelmail  entirely  do  to  the  unexpected
> behaviours.
>
> And of course, WHY must "squirrelmail"  use  "courierimapsubscribe"  and
> can not use its ownlist, if it aready create user config files?  If I am
> on the road I do not want to use/see the same folders as if I am  on  my
> local machine where my 4 servers has each a 10GE interface to the Switch
> and each machine a 1 GE link.
>
> After accessing the Courier server through squirelmail,  I  am  no  more
> able to access the server using my Nokia Smartphone.  Even  my  TabletPC
> using an TI Sitara AM3517 500MHz with plenty of memory has problems.
>
> I think, there should be a feature in  squirrelmail  which  let  a  user
> after loging choose, which profile he/she want to use.

SquirrelMail uses standard IMAP subscription commands.
courierimapsubscribed is not used by SquirrelMail. It is used by
Courier-IMAP. Looks like your mobile mailer does some thing too and you
bombed it after you subscribed lots of folders in SquirrelMail.

How big is your user's pref file and is server side sorting turned on in
SquirrelMail configuration?

--
Tomas