Re: squirrelmail can not list folders

Karl Pearson wrote:

> On Wed, June 30, 2010 5:59 pm, Michelle Konzack wrote:
>> Hello *,
>>
>> I have currently 1722 Folders (Couier-IMAP) and if I use squirrelmail  I
>> can not select any folders...  I have to login using SSH, and  use  "ls"
>> to generate the "courierimapsubscribed" and then delete  anything  I  do
>> not want to use.
>>
>> I use now
>>         $no_list_for_sbscribe = true;
>>
>> which may work for me, but not "normal" users.  IS thre a possibility to
>> do this more efficient in "squirrelmail"?
>>
>> I am realy wondering, WHY "squirrelmail" need so long to  generate  this
>> list and then show nothing, since I have made tests  on  my  own  (under
>> development) Webmail-System (using 500 folders which  seems  to  be  the
>> limit for Squirrelmail) and it is nealy 10 times faster because it  need
>> around 25 seconds to generate this list  while  squirrelmail  need  more
>> then 4 minutes.

You use unread email notifications only on inbox or on all folders?

Karl Pearson wrote:

> I'm not so sure Squirrelmail has any limit to folders. My wife has over
> 2400 folders and though they take a while to load, they do load. Some of
> those folders have over 15000 emails in them, too. Not a very good
> situation, but I'm not going to tell her to clean them up.
>
> I use dovecot on my server, so can't answer to how or what courier is
> doing. Sorry not to be any real help, but I think your problem is in the
> IMAP layer, not Squirrelmail.
>
> Karl

Problem is in SquirrelMail (functions/imap_mailbox.php,
sqimap_mailbox_list()
function). Stable SquirrelMail versions don't list more than 20 folders
efficiently.

Courier might have problems more problems than Dovecot with big mailboxes
only
if user enables unread email counts for all folders.

--
Tomas