Re: squirrelmail can not list folders

On Wed, June 30, 2010 5:59 pm, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> I have currently 1722 Folders (Couier-IMAP) and if I use squirrelmail  I
> can not select any folders...  I have to login using SSH, and  use  "ls"
> to generate the "courierimapsubscribed" and then delete  anything  I  do
> not want to use.
>
> I use now
>         $no_list_for_sbscribe = true;
>
> which may work for me, but not "normal" users.  IS thre a possibility to
> do this more efficient in "squirrelmail"?
>
> I am realy wondering, WHY "squirrelmail" need so long to  generate  this
> list and then show nothing, since I have made tests  on  my  own  (under
> development) Webmail-System (using 500 folders which  seems  to  be  the
> limit for Squirrelmail) and it is nealy 10 times faster because it  need
> around 25 seconds to generate this list  while  squirrelmail  need  more
> then 4 minutes.

I'm not so sure Squirrelmail has any limit to folders. My wife has over
2400 folders and though they take a while to load, they do load. Some of
those folders have over 15000 emails in them, too. Not a very good
situation, but I'm not going to tell her to clean them up.

I use dovecot on my server, so can't answer to how or what courier is
doing. Sorry not to be any real help, but I think your problem is in the
IMAP layer, not Squirrelmail.

Karl

> Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
>     Michelle Konzack
>
> --
> ##################### Debian GNU/Linux Consultant ######################
>    Development of Intranet and Embedded Systems with Debian GNU/Linux
>
> itsystems@tdnet France EURL       itsystems@tdnet UG (limited liability)
> Owner Michelle Konzack            Owner Michelle Konzack
>
> Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
> 50, rue de Soultz                 Kinzigstraße 17
> 67100 Strasbourg/France           77694 Kehl/Germany
> Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil         Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
> Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix
>
> <http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
> <http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>
>
> Jabber linux4michelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> ICQ    #328449886
>
> Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/

---
Karl Pearson
Karlp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Owner/Administrator of the sites at
http://ourldsfamily.com
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---
 Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have
 for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
 --Benjamin Franklin
---
 Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually
 repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
---