Re: squirrelmail can not list folders

Michelle Konzack <michelle.konzack <at> tamay-dogan.net> writes:
> The problem is not the Folder listig on  the  left  side  or  the  shown
> messages in the list.  It is the IMAP subsribe dialog where I can select
> the folders to be shown.
>
> I mean, if you startfrom scratch you have only INBOX, Drafts, Trash  and
> Sent and then you have to choose which other folders are shown.
>
> The PHP script works forever and does neve show anythig, mean.
>
> The old version (1.4.15) I had nstalled, was working fine,  but  when  I
> upgraded to 1.4.20, the "courierimapsubscribe" file was to big and I had
> to modify it by hand.

SquirrelMail folder listing code has few changes between 1.4.15 and 1.4.20
versions. The only serious change is switch from ereg to pcre. Which PHP version
are you using? Can you test your PHP settings
(http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/TestPHPSettings) and show memory_limit,
display_errors, error_reporting, pcre.backtrack_limit and pcre.recursion_limit
values. Do you use some PHP opcache extensions (apc, commercial zend extensions
from zend server or zend platform, xcache or others)?

Can you install 1.4.15 and make sure that this version can list folders on
account which fails in 1.4.20? You don't have to replace existing 1.4.20
install. Just install 1.4.15 in different location.

Are you sure that problem happens only after certain number of IMAP folders and
is not related to some specific IMAP folder. If courierimapsubscribe is too big,
are you sure that there is nothing strange in it. Like same folder is subscribed
several times.

--
Tomas