Re: Message Count Update (Solution/Bug?)

On Thu, March 18, 2010 11:16 am, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:

> Karl Pearson wrote:

>>> Which counters are increasing? You have lots of folders, but you still
>>> notice increased counts. SquirrelMail has mini plugin, which can show
>>> only folders with unread emails.
>>
>> The only count that's inaccurate is the one that generates the
>>  <title>NN New Messages</title>
>> tag that displays in the Firefox Tab and the Window's Caption. There are
>> no message count plugins.
>>

> Could you go to SquirrelMail Options -> NewMail Options and make sure that
> "Count only messages that are RECENT:" option is not checked.

Aha! That was checked. Thanks! I'll keep watching. I perhaps should verify
with a couple other users that these options are already unchecked, seeing
they don't have this issue as I do. That option being checked makes me
understand why I might be seeing some of the anomalies (if only in my
mind) I'm seeing.

Thanks Tomas.

> --
> Tomas
> --

> List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):

---
Karl Pearson
Karlp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Owner/Administrator of the sites at
http://ourldsfamily.com
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---
 Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have
 for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
 --Benjamin Franklin
---
 Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually
 repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
---