Re: Message Count Update (Solution/Bug)

Karl Pearson wrote:

> I've emailed a couple times, with the most recent just a week or so ago
> about Squirrelmail not reporting the correct number of emails left unread
> in all my folders.
>
> I solved it by un-checking this option under Folders:
>
> Enable Cumulative Unread Message Notification:
>
> I guess I don't know what that means, so clicked it years ago when I first
> started using SQM. Anyone want to fill my brain up with knowledge? It's
> pretty much empty right now, which is obvious to most.

I though that you talked about invalid count reported by newmail plugin.
Left listing counts are different.

Do you have some folders that have similar names? Could you check which
folders report invalid unread/total counts or make a spreadsheet with folder
names, unread/total counts reported by IMAP STATUS and unread/total counts
reported on left folder listing?

Cumulative count should increase unread/total email counters, if folder has
collapsed subfolders and those subfolders have unread emails. I suspect that
counter can be incorrectly increased, if folder has collapsed subfolders and
there are similar folders.

--
Tomas