Re: Squirrel Mail issues with large inboxes

Wm Mussatto wrote:
On Thu, June 11, 2009 14:05, Piet Slaghekke wrote:

Thanks everyone for your responses.    I do not have any filtering
configured.

Also I have followed all the optimizations in the documentation.    When
I have a users with a new mailbox everything loads very fast, it seems
to only occur with users who have many folders and large inboxes.    <--
I forgot to mention the part about having many folders.

Does squirrelmail scan all folders before it loads?

Yes, do you have "Enable Unread Message Notification" set to true under
Options - Folder Preferences.  If that's the case then it will have to
review each one to determine how many unread messages there are.

BTW, is anything else running on the box that would keep the disk busy?

------
William R. Mussatto
Systems Engineer
http://www.csz.com
909-920-9154

Yes I have
"Enable Unread Message Notification" set to true  will change this setting to see if it helps.