Re: Remove Attachment Download Option

>We are using Squirrelmail 1.4.17 (and trying to figure out login problems
>using 1.4.19) with Qmail/Vpopmail/Courier IMAP/Apache 2.2.11/PHP 5.2.9.
>We are using this for a department within our organization where users and
>their computers are very locked down.
>
>I have installed the Attachment Document plugin to provide the ability to
>view .doc (word), .pdf (acrobat) and .sxw (openoffice) in HTML format.
>
>1. Is there something similar that can be installed.xls (excel)?
>
>2.  I would prefer that clicking on a .doc, .xls or .pdf actually opens it
>with word, excel and acrobat. (those are currently locked down and do not
>permit the users to save or save as)
>
>3. How can I make it so the only choices for doc, pdf and xls attachments
>(the only types of attachments we send to them) are to Open or at least
>View them?
>    i.e. I want to:
>      a.  make it so that the attachment name doesn't call download.php,

Plugin.  You can write a plugin to attach to certain mime types, and
tell it to execute a different URL instead.  See
functions/attachment_common.php for several examples.

>      b.  remove the download link on the right side.

Again, plugin can do this.  The same code that can override the
handler, can also be used to remove the download link.

>      c.  only leave an Open (preferred) or View link.
>               d.  I do not want a "File Save" Open/Save/Cancel window to
>open for any reason.

This would be practically impossible from the SM code, especially as
somebody could easily right click on a link, and select save.

Thanks much Jonathan for the info! As far as the last item goes, believe it
or not,
we have actually completely disabled right click functionality on the PC's
that have
access to Squirrelmail (well.. except for me and another admin of course).