Use Addresses and Cancel buttons on bottom AND top of addrbook_search_html.php

Is there a way to add Use Addresses and Cancel buttons, before the address
book user list, right under the "Search for" text box in the
addrbook_search_html.php file? I tried copying it from further down in the
script and can get it to display there but I am unable to get it to
populate the To, Cc and Bcc fields with entries I have checked below it.

I would like to do this because it would save the users from having to
scroll all the way to the bottom of the list to select the button. I know
that the users can simply press Enter, however, that is not evident to them
just by looking at the Address Book Search page.

I am running sm 1.4.19 with php 5.2.9.

Thanks,
Derek