Remove Attachment Download Option

We are using Squirrelmail 1.4.17 (and trying to figure out login problems
using 1.4.19) with Qmail/Vpopmail/Courier IMAP/Apache 2.2.11/PHP 5.2.9.
We are using this for a department within our organization where users and
their computers are very locked down.

I have installed the Attachment Document plugin to provide the ability to
view .doc (word), .pdf (acrobat) and .sxw (openoffice) in HTML format.

1. Is there something similar that can be installed.xls (excel)?

2.  I would prefer that clicking on a .doc, .xls or .pdf actually opens it
with word, excel and acrobat. (those are currently locked down and do not
permit the users to save or save as)

3. How can I make it so the only choices for doc, pdf and xls attachments
(the only types of attachments we send to them) are to Open or at least
View them?
    i.e. I want to:
      a.  make it so that the attachment name doesn't call download.php,
      b.  remove the download link on the right side.
      c.  only leave an Open (preferred) or View link.
               d.  I do not want a "File Save" Open/Save/Cancel window to
open for any reason.

Thank You, Derek