Re: Remove Attachment Download Option

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:07:29 -0400, dwnek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>We are using Squirrelmail 1.4.17 (and trying to figure out login problems
>using 1.4.19) with Qmail/Vpopmail/Courier IMAP/Apache 2.2.11/PHP 5.2.9.
>We are using this for a department within our organization where users and
>their computers are very locked down.
>
>I have installed the Attachment Document plugin to provide the ability to
>view .doc (word), .pdf (acrobat) and .sxw (openoffice) in HTML format.
>
>1. Is there something similar that can be installed.xls (excel)?
>
>2.  I would prefer that clicking on a .doc, .xls or .pdf actually opens it
>with word, excel and acrobat. (those are currently locked down and do not
>permit the users to save or save as)
>
>3. How can I make it so the only choices for doc, pdf and xls attachments
>(the only types of attachments we send to them) are to Open or at least
>View them?
>    i.e. I want to:
>      a.  make it so that the attachment name doesn't call download.php,

Plugin.  You can write a plugin to attach to certain mime types, and
tell it to execute a different URL instead.  See
functions/attachment_common.php for several examples.

>      b.  remove the download link on the right side.

Again, plugin can do this.  The same code that can override the
handler, can also be used to remove the download link.

>      c.  only leave an Open (preferred) or View link.
>               d.  I do not want a "File Save" Open/Save/Cancel window to
>open for any reason.

This would be practically impossible from the SM code, especially as
somebody could easily right click on a link, and select save.

--
Jonathan Angliss
<jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>