Re: Squirrel Mail issues with large inboxes

On Thu, June 11, 2009 2:19 pm, Randal T. Rioux wrote:
> On Thu, June 11, 2009 3:51 pm, info@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> Thanks William,
>>>
>>> Ok here are some more details:
>>>
>>> Courier-imap; Postfix;  using Maildirs    Allow sever-side sorting is
>>> set to True.
>>>
>> I run the same software on a 7 year old P4 machine, and have boxes of
>> 8000+ mails. Never had this trouble.
>> Maybe you read up on optimizing the speed, there is some page
>> somehwere in
>> the sm site, that explains what you can do to tweak for best
>> performance.
>> A quick search reveals these:
>>
>> http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/SquirrelMailPerformance
>> http://squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-6.html
>
> FWIW, I use a large number of filters. Turning them off significantly
> speeds up inbox load time. But, increases my wasted human-sorting time
> :-)
>
> Do you use a lot of message filters?

I have a lot of filters, but I put them on the server using procmail, so
my inbox loads quickly. I know the Squirrelmail filters are for
individual users, but are they for users without OS-level access? I've
never implemented the SQM filtering.

It's nice to know that doing so slows down INBOX parsing... I think I'll
keep using procmail on the server.

Karl

> Randy

> List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):

---
Karl Pearson
Karlp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Owner/Administrator of the sites at
http://ourldsfamily.com
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---
 Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have
 for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
 --Benjamin Franklin
---