Re: Changing the UI views in current dev SM

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Scott Haneda <talklists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2008, at 7:21 PM, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>
>> Also, if you can please report the style name for the table issue you
>> identified (and even the fix if you find it), I will put the fix into
>> the default skins.

Why col_date?  The whole table is what isn't stretched out, right?

Anyway,

> I can not locate that in any css file.  I think it just needs to be

$  grep -rin col_date css
css/default.css:403:.table_messageList  td.col_date     {

> added, however, there are numerous column headers, such as flag, date
> sent, date received, subject etc, each one needs it's own class.
> I will have to look at enabling them all, and seeing which ones are
> missing, and which ones may be merged into one or more, to decide what
> would be best.  I probably suggest breaking them all into their own
> respective names, like col_flag, col_date_sent etc etc

grep is your friend.

> There is a little back hoopla about whether or not a underscore is an
> allowed character in a css declaration.  In general, you should not,
> but it may not be much to bother with, for how much of a pain it would
> be to change:
> Here is a chart that breaks it out:
> http://www.newgeo.com/web/misc/231144-css-underscore.png
> Maybe just forget those crazy IE 6 users :)

SM 1.5.2 works in IE6 for me as far as I know.

> As a matter of practice, I have avoided it, certainly you do not want
> to lead with an underscore, as those make some very interesting things
> happen, sometimes to the advantage of the developer to work around a
> bug.

I'd be amenable to changing all the classes to not use them if there
is a better chance SM would retain maximum compatibility.  A patch
would be most welcome for that one.  :-)