Re: Changing the UI views in current dev SM

On Nov 15, 2008, at 2:02 AM, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Scott Haneda
> <talklists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Nov 14, 2008, at 7:21 PM, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>>
>>> Also, if you can please report the style name for the table issue
>>> you
>>> identified (and even the fix if you find it), I will put the fix
>>> into
>>> the default skins.

> Why col_date?  The whole table is what isn't stretched out, right?

I thought you wanted me to report the name of the css class I could
not find referenced in any css files.  I am no longer trying to
resolve the issue of a table not fitting into the correct width, which
is easily solved by setting the second inner table to 100% the same as
the outer table.

I can certainly provide a path for that, that is a simple issue.

Ay any rate, eventually, if this is to remain as a table, I would need
access to every td in every table.  I think I can manage this with the
new template based theme system, it looks a lot like phpBB, which I
have hacked around in a good deal.

> Anyway,
>
>> I can not locate that in any css file.  I think it just needs to be
>
> $  grep -rin col_date css
> css/default.css:403:.table_messageList  td.col_date     {

Yes, but I read somewhere, and also you posted in your other email to
me, that /css was to be depricated.  What do you suggest in this
case?  It seems a wholly non logical place for that style control to
be at this point.

>> As a matter of practice, I have avoided it, certainly you do not want
>> to lead with an underscore, as those make some very interesting
>> things
>> happen, sometimes to the advantage of the developer to work around a
>> bug.
>
> I'd be amenable to changing all the classes to not use them if there
> is a better chance SM would retain maximum compatibility.  A patch
> would be most welcome for that one.  :-)

Ok, I can do that as well, that is a simple find and replace as long
as I am careful.  I think the new template/theme/skin system will make
it a non issue anyway, as I should be able to rename anything I desire
to whatever I desire, as soon as /css and the other little bits are
compartmentalized into the template system.
--
Scott