Re: Attaching documents made with Apples iWork Pages program

DO NOT REPLY OFF LIST.

> > Don't top-post, thanks.
>
> Sorry - I'm on about 5 other lists dealing with servers and they all
> "top post" - i never knew that was such a sin

Replying in context is the most useful and commonly accepted way of
communicating via email.  Please don't bottom-post, either.

> >> I didn't think that would be the problem because the attachment won't
> >> even appear in the list.  You click Browse to locate the file, then
> >> click add - but the file doesn't get added to the list at the bottom
> >> of the page.  Any other type of file seems to work fine.
> >
> > You need to watch your web server logs when you upload such a file if
> > it doesn't appear to be uploaded.  Otherwise, no one can help you,
> > because "it doesn't show up" is hardly enough information to go on.
>
> I also have spent about 10 minutes in my life working on this
> squirrel mail software as part of our OS X server and so I'm doing
> the best I can in explaining my problem.  Excuse me please for not
> including enough information.
>
> There is nothing in the server log because it doesn't seem to get
> that far.  Once you use the "Choose File" to locate the pages
> document, when you click add or send - nothing happens.  No activity
> in the browser, nothing to the server.  there is no response.

If you click to the select file button, choose a file and it doesn't
show up in the file details input, then that's not a SquirrelMail
problem.  It's either an issue with your browser or your O/S (on the
client).  This is not the place that you're too likely to find help
regarding that, but maybe if you're lucky and you include more
information about the client where the file select dialog isn't
working, someone can guide you.

If the file details do show up in the file input box, but clicking the
add button fails, then you need to look for errors on your server.
Either way, there's not much anyone can do for you until you provide
more details.