Re: general problems with squirrelmail behind ssl-proxy / unable to login

>> Standard SquirrelMail scripts turn on session.use_cookies option in PHP
>> runtime
>> configuration. Could you explain why you still have session id in URL?
>>
>> SquirrelMail does not work when session cookies are not used. Scripts
>> need
>> lots
>> of changes in order to work with PHP session.use_trans_sid and one of
>> affected
>> scripts is src/redirect.php. src/redirect.php used to save user
>> information
>> in
>> standard login process. If session cookies are not in SquirrelMail,
>> logins
>> will
>> fail.
>
> Thanks for reply. The strange thing is that it works perfectly when I
> don't use $config_location_base and use no ssl. As soon as I set
> $config_location_base and use ssl, I cannot login anymore. I think my
> problem is caused by the ssl-proxy setup.
>
> Is there anything else I can try?

Find out why session cookies are not used.

Get Firefox browser with Live HTTP Headers extension and log all traffic
between opening login page and getting login error notice.

Create test script with
---
<?php
define('SM_PATH','../');
include_once(SM_PATH . 'functions/global.php');
$location = get_location();
$baseurl = sqm_baseuri();
var_dump($location);
var_dump($baseurl);
?>
---
Save it in SquirrelMail 1.4.10a src directory, open
https://ssl-proxy.com/mydomain.com/squirrelmail/src/test.php in your
browser and check results. First string should show
"https://ssl-proxy.com/mydomain.com/squirrelmail/src";, second one should
show "/mydomain.com/squirrelmail/". SquirrelMail can fail to identify base
url correctly, if your domain name contains "src", "plugins" or
"functions"

Test PHP settings (http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/TestPHPSettings) and
show your session settings. Contact admins of server and ask if they are
setting PHP session configuration with php_admin_flag|value settings in
webserver configuration.

--
Tomas