general problems with squirrelmail behind ssl-proxy / unable to login

Hi list,

I was able to install Squirrelmail 1.4.10a in a regular web hosting
environment without any problems. To add security to my setup I would
like to use Squirrelmail with ssl connections. For this purpose I'd like
to use the ssl proxy that is provided by my web hosting provider.

To access my web space through the SSL proxy I have to use the following
url:

original url: http://www.mydomain.com
-->
ssl url: https://ssl-proxy.com/mydomain.com

When accessing Squirrelmail through the ssl proxy with

https://ssl-proxy.com/mydomain.com/squirrelmail

I get a login error:

"ERROR Unknown user or password incorrect."

Additionally, the provided link back to the login page is not formatted
correctly as it removes the domain name from the original url. The url
Squirrelmail points to is

https://ssl-proxy.com/squirrelmail/src/login.php

instead of:

https://ssl-proxy.com/mydomain.com/squirrelmail/src/login.php

I saw a couple of other posts regarding ssl proxy configurations but
none of those helped. First of all, I do not understand why the login
fails where it works without any problems when goining through http
directly. Any why does Squirrelmail remove the domain name from the
orignal url.

Can anyone help? I tried both Squirrelmail stable (1.4.10a) and
development (1.5.1). I also tried to set $config_location_base to
'https://ssl-proxy.com/mydomain.com/', but it wouldn't help either.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gregor

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT FÜR ALLE NEUEINSTEIGER
Jetzt bei Arcor: günstig und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket
für clevere Doppel-Sparer, nur  34,95 ?  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2