Re: general problems with squirrelmail behind ssl-proxy / unable to login

Hi Paul, hi list,

> The development version that you need to use is 1.5.2.

Today I downloaded the current 1.5.2 development svn snapshot (squirrelmail-20070725_0000-SVN.devel.tar.gz) but I am still not able to login into squirrelmail. See below.

> If you want any OTHER suggestions, you have to say what those are.  I
> think the fastest way to salvation is to set $config_location_base to
> something like "https://ssl-proxy.com/mydomain.com";.  If that does not
> work, show why.

I set the $config_location_base to "https://ssl-proxy.com/mydomain.com"; as suggested. Unfortunately I still cannot login. But now the error message changed:

ERROR
You must be logged in to access this page.

Unfortunately the behavior of cutting out the domain part of the url still remains the same. The provided link back to the login page is:

https://ssl-proxy.com/squirrelmail/src/login.php?SQMSESSID=[...]

instead of

https://ssl-proxy.com/mydomain.com/squirrelmail/src/login.php?SQMSESSID=[...]

Is it possible that this is the main source why the login procedure won't work? Maybe some kind of cookie-related issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Gregor

> On 7/24/07, odyssey@xxxxxxxx <odyssey@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I was able to install Squirrelmail 1.4.10a in a regular web hosting
> > environment without any problems. To add security to my setup I would
> > like to use Squirrelmail with ssl connections. For this purpose I'd like
> > to use the ssl proxy that is provided by my web hosting provider.
> >
> > To access my web space through the SSL proxy I have to use the following
> > url:
> >
> > original url: http://www.mydomain.com
> > -->
> > ssl url: https://ssl-proxy.com/mydomain.com
> >
> > When accessing Squirrelmail through the ssl proxy with
> >
> > https://ssl-proxy.com/mydomain.com/squirrelmail
> >
> > I get a login error:
> >
> > "ERROR Unknown user or password incorrect."
> >
> > Additionally, the provided link back to the login page is not formatted
> > correctly as it removes the domain name from the original url. The url
> > Squirrelmail points to is
> >
> > https://ssl-proxy.com/squirrelmail/src/login.php
> >
> > instead of:
> >
> > https://ssl-proxy.com/mydomain.com/squirrelmail/src/login.php
> >

> > I saw a couple of other posts regarding ssl proxy configurations but
> > none of those helped.
>
> If you want any OTHER suggestions, you have to say what those are.  I
> think the fastest way to salvation is to set $config_location_base to
> something like "https://ssl-proxy.com/mydomain.com";.  If that does not
> work, show why.
>
> > First of all, I do not understand why the login
> > fails where it works without any problems when goining through http
> > directly. Any why does Squirrelmail remove the domain name from the
> > orignal url.
> >
> > Can anyone help? I tried both Squirrelmail stable (1.4.10a) and
> > development (1.5.1). I also tried to set $config_location_base to
>
> The development version that you need to use is 1.5.2.
>
> > 'https://ssl-proxy.com/mydomain.com/', but it wouldn't help either.
>
> Show what happens when you do.

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT FÜR ALLE NEUEINSTEIGER
Jetzt bei Arcor: günstig und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket
für clevere Doppel-Sparer, nur  34,95 ?  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2