Re: general problems with squirrelmail behind ssl-proxy / unable to login

 <odyssey <at> arcor.de> writes:

> Hi Paul, hi list,
>
> > The development version that you need to use is 1.5.2.
>
> Today I downloaded the current 1.5.2 development svn snapshot
> (squirrelmail-20070725_0000-SVN.devel.tar.gz) but I am still not able to login
into squirrelmail.
> See below.
>
> > If you want any OTHER suggestions, you have to say what those are.  I
> > think the fastest way to salvation is to set $config_location_base to
> > something like "https://ssl-proxy.com/mydomain.com";.  If that does not
> > work, show why.
>
> I set the $config_location_base to "https://ssl-proxy.com/mydomain.com"; as
suggested.
> Unfortunately I still cannot login. But now the error message changed:
>
> ERROR
> You must be logged in to access this page.
>
> Unfortunately the behavior of cutting out the domain part of the url still
remains the same. The provided
> link back to the login page is:
>
> https://ssl-proxy.com/squirrelmail/src/login.php?SQMSESSID=[...]
>
> instead of
>
> https://ssl-proxy.com/mydomain.com/squirrelmail/src/login.php?SQMSESSID=[...]
>
> Is it possible that this is the main source why the login procedure won't
work? Maybe some kind of
> cookie-related issue?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

Standard SquirrelMail scripts turn on session.use_cookies option in PHP runtime
configuration. Could you explain why you still have session id in URL?

SquirrelMail does not work when session cookies are not used. Scripts need lots
of changes in order to work with PHP session.use_trans_sid and one of affected
scripts is src/redirect.php. src/redirect.php used to save user information in
standard login process. If session cookies are not in SquirrelMail, logins will
fail.

--
Tomas