Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

On Dec 10 07:42:16, marcusfb@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks for that reply. Would that code, reproduced here,
>
> for left in TrumpetL/*wav; do
> 		name=${left##*/}
> 		right=TrumpetR/$name
> 		sox -M $left $right stereo-$name
> 	done
>
> create a new folder called *Trum**pet* and have the stereo files produced
> from the merger?

No. This would create the merged files in the current directory.
That could trivially be changed by running "mkdir Trumpet" first
and then "sox -M $left $right Trumpet/stereo-$name" instead of the above.

> I am assuming this is the bat file I need to create.

No. As I said in the original post, this is written for the
standard UNIX shell. The syntax of your widows command prompt
surely is different. I don't speak that.

Do not just run some code snippet someone offers you here or elsewhere.
Invest enough time into writing it yourself from scratch to understand
precisely what it does. It will be a few lines anyway.

	Jan