Re: sox vs libmagic

As this thread was (I think) started with the question, what do we think of removing libmagic, here's my
personal answer:

I haven't used the --magic option except to test it this week; so if that's the only thing libmagic is used
for, I wouldn't miss it.

But I agree with these things said before, and they comprise my opinion of how to handle libmagic now:

- Nothing should be removed without a good warning; that's what's been called a POLA violation in the Unix community.
  (POLA = Path Of Least Astonishment)

- There should be a good, substantive (not simply philosophical) reason to remove it. Sounds like ffmpeg met
  that one, but libmagic seems not to. If no such reason is found, a philosophical one should only be given
  weight after a long period during which users are notified of possible impending removal. For this, I
  suggest a deprecation warning on the --magic flag. There is of course precedent in SoX for this approach.

- If both of those points are not met, I believe libmagic should stay put.