Re: Comments ondraft-loreto-sipping-context-id-requirements-00

<snip>
Req A: It must be possible, when establishing a dialog, to specify that
it be correlated with one or more already existing dialogs, which
dialogs, at the time they were created, did not need to specify that
they might be correlated with in the future.
[JRE] I don't think this is a valid requirement, because it has a
particular class of solutions in mind. In my opinion the basic
requirement should be something along the lines of "It must be possible
to establish, modify and clear down a multimedia session between two
parties, one or both of which use different devices for different
media."

John

I agree with John.

    Paul
I agree on the fact that the requirements have to be as general as possible.
In fact if you read my mail "Correlate sip sessions/dialogs" you can see
we have already have two requirements that are similar (almost equal) to the one suggested by John.

The requirement in this mail was about the possibility to create the initial dialog without knowing
in advance whether another dialog will want to correlate with it.
We can generalize it:

"It must be possible to create a dialog without knowing in advance whether or not
another dialog will want to correlate with it"

Maybe it is a redundant requirement but at this stage there are people that think it should be specified.

Sal