Re: Comments on draft-loreto-sipping-context-id-requirements-00

Dale Worley wrote:

...<snip>
The question is, that is, it might or might not be a requirement:  Does
a dialog have to be specially marked during its establishment in order
for another, later, dialog to correlate with it?
I don't think it might be a requirement, it seems to be more a technical solution issue
the requirement have only to say that
"it should be possible for a dialog, no matter in what stage it is, to be correlate
with another one."
Maybe we have to phrase it in a better way. Please feel free to suggest a text for it!

...<snip>
Actually, I'm talking about another potential requirement:  If dialogs A
and B are established, with no indication of correlation between them,
does it need to be possible for a dialog C to establish a correlation
with *both* A and B?  (Which will presumably place all 3 dialogs in the
same communication space.)
Now I got it.

actually both the Req 1 the one in the draft-loreto-sipping-context-id-requirements-01.txt

REQ1: It must be possible to correlate an already existing dialog or
   dialogs with a new dialog or dialogs as relating to the same media
   session.

and the one in draft-kaplan-sip-session-id-01.txt

REQ1: It must be possible to identify a set of dialogs which have a
direct correlation with each other such that they represent the same SIP session, with as high a probability as possible.
talk about the possibility to establish a correlation between a new dialog
and one or more existing dialogs, no matter it there is already some correlation among them or not.
Do you think we should be more explicit on this point?

Sal

Dale