Re: Comments ondraft-loreto-sipping-context-id-requirements-00

Elwell, John wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx [mailto:sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Salvatore Loreto
Sent: 25 January 2009 10:22
To: Dale Worley
Cc: SIPPING
Subject: Re: Comments ondraft-loreto-sipping-context-id-requirements-00

Hi Dale,

sorry to be late on this answer, I agree that have a clear understanding of the capabilities we want for the mechanism is necessary to clearly write down the requirement.

In my mind I have an Idea equal on what you expressed in Req A

Req A: It must be possible, when establishing a dialog, to specify that
it be correlated with one or more already existing dialogs, which
dialogs, at the time they were created, did not need to specify that
they might be correlated with in the future.
[JRE] I don't think this is a valid requirement, because it has a
particular class of solutions in mind. In my opinion the basic
requirement should be something along the lines of "It must be possible
to establish, modify and clear down a multimedia session between two
parties, one or both of which use different devices for different
media."

John

I agree with John.

	Paul