Re: How can i enter value during rpm -i and use them during the postinstall process?

Matthew,

In that case, how can I achieve the followings:

1. How can one install a rpm package and would like to change and set some
values such as "servername"? Only by prompting users during postinstall
process? Please enlight me in details. I am surprised that there are nobody
doing it in rpm...

2. If so, then is there a way to do it silently just like what I have
described? One command with additional strings and pass those strings into
the postinstall process? e.g. "rpm -i software_a.rpm STRING1 STRING2"???

3. Can this: "rpm -i software_a.rpm STRING1 STRING2" be done?

Thanks

Barry