Re: how to "rembuild --rebuild" a source rpm in the current directory?

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Paul Nasrat wrote:

> Can I suggest an approach similar to jbj's mkrpm where you have a
> script/makefile in the top level cvs repo which handles this. cvs.colug.net is
> down atm and I don't have a local copy to hand.  This is far simpler than
> trying to do it via a loaded macro files.
>
> Essentially your script/Makefile needs to just set a load of defines.
> Something like
>
> rpmargs=\
> 	--define '_ntopdir      %{_topdir}'  \
> 	--define '_builddir     %{_ntopdir}' \
> 	--define '_sourcedir    %{_ntopdir}' \
> 	--define '_specdir      %{_ntopdir}' \
> 	--define '_rpmdir       %{_ntopdir}' \
> 	--define '_srcrpmdir    %{_ntopdir}' \
> 	--define '_rpmfilename   %%{NAME}-%%{VERSION}-%%{RELEASE}.%%{ARCH}.rpm'
>
> Then you can have targets that build setting topdir using $(pwd) or
> $(pwd)/%{name} or whatever

that actually pretty much completes the picture of what i came to.
here's what i found.  if i want to build everything in the, say, "build"
subdirectory of my current directory (the one that contains the source
rpm), i first have to explicitly create some of those subdirectories:

  $ mkdir -p build/{SOURCES,BUILD,RPMS}

the build process requires the above and is apparently unwilling to create
those directories itself.  so, after the above, i can do:

  $ rpmbuild --rebuild \
	--define "_topdir $(pwd)/build" \
	ppp-2.4.1-7.src.rpm

my last issue was exactly the above -- what's the best way to add a number
of additional defines for things like _sourcedir, _specdir and so on.  i
tried putting them in a separate macros file and adding

  --macros=<macrofile>

but that didn't seem to make any difference.  (anyone know why?)

  but your way seems fine -- i'll add a lengthy $rpmargs variable to the
top level of the cvs repo and just incorporate that into the rpmbuild
command.

  and that should do nicely.  thanks for the guidance.

rday