Re: how to "rembuild --rebuild" a source rpm in the current directory?

On Monday, 08 March 2004, at 09:27:44 (-0500),
Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> as a followup to my previous post, here's what i'm effectively after
> -- i want a way to run "rpmbuild --rebuild" on a source RPM in the
> current directory, and i want all of the building to be done in a
> subdirectory of the current directory; that is, the rebuilding
> should do *nothing* outside of the current directory, whatever
> directory i happen to be in.

Mezzanine (http://www.kainx.org/mezzanine/) can already do this.
"mzbuild foo.src.rpm" will create the topdir and all directories
beneath the cwd and will build there as well.  The build root goes to
/var/tmp/ by default, but that's easily changed with a command line
option.

The completed RPMS/SRPMS are copied to the current directory upon
successful build, and all created directory trees are removed.  (In
the event of build failure, directories and files remain intact for
debugging purposes.)

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej@xxxxxxxxx>