Re: how to "rembuild --rebuild" a source rpm in the current directory?

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Michael Jennings wrote:

> On Monday, 08 March 2004, at 09:27:44 (-0500),
> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>
> > as a followup to my previous post, here's what i'm effectively after
> > -- i want a way to run "rpmbuild --rebuild" on a source RPM in the
> > current directory, and i want all of the building to be done in a
> > subdirectory of the current directory; that is, the rebuilding
> > should do *nothing* outside of the current directory, whatever
> > directory i happen to be in.
>
> Mezzanine (http://www.kainx.org/mezzanine/) can already do this.
> "mzbuild foo.src.rpm" will create the topdir and all directories
> beneath the cwd and will build there as well.  The build root goes to
> /var/tmp/ by default, but that's easily changed with a command line
> option.
>
> The completed RPMS/SRPMS are copied to the current directory upon
> successful build, and all created directory trees are removed.  (In
> the event of build failure, directories and files remain intact for
> debugging purposes.)

oooh ... cool.  and does it work with cross-compilers as well?  yup,
that's the final step that i never mentioned -- i want to use, not
rpmbuild, but a customized rpmbuild and cross-compiler utilities.
but i'll check this out, it may play nicely with the cross-compiler
tools, anyway.  thanks.

rday