Re: Missing the starting post?

On January 09 Friday 2004 12:05 pm, shane c branch wrote:
> Carlos wrote:
>

> > Flushing ide devices: hda hdc hdd
> > Power down."
> > And there it'll stay, will not turn off until I hit the off switch on the
> > box. Did I miss something on the install? Or an option I can enable
> > somewhere hidden in front of me?
> > Again thanks in advance for any and help.
> >

> > Carlos
>
> That's the way it should be by default. If you compiled acpi support
> into the kernel, that might make it more like a windows box on shutdown,
> but who wants that?
>
> At that point, all you need to do is power off, and all will be well.
>
> --
> regards,
>
> shane
 I can live with that and no, there is no love less with windows and me:)
 But that still leaves the blank screen between the starting screen/choices
and the login screen. It seems to me a good thing to see what is being
enabled and what is not. Is that a default also? If so is that reachable to
change? What file would I be looking for and/or where?

Thanks again,
Carlos