Re: Missing the starting post?

Carlos wrote:

[snip]
When I try to shut down my box everything does
show up on screen and all is well until it gets to:
"Saving mixer settings
Syncing hardware clock to system time
Turning off swap:
Turning off quotas:
Unmounting file systems:
Halting system...
Flushing ide devices: hda hdc hdd
Power down."
And there it'll stay, will not turn off until I hit the off switch on the box.
Did I miss something on the install? Or an option I can enable somewhere hidden in front of me? Again thanks in advance for any and help.

Carlos

That's the way it should be by default. If you compiled acpi support into the kernel, that might make it more like a windows box on shutdown, but who wants that?

At that point, all you need to do is power off, and all will be well.

--
regards,

shane