RE: Missing the starting post?

I've seen this "blank" behavior on a main board with an embedded video chip.
An ASUS something or other.

I noticed that if I hit a key to stop the 10 second count down and start the
boot process, it always gave me the blank screen up to the time that X
started.

If I waited and allowed the clock to hit 0 and boot by itself it always came
up fine allowing me to see the [   OK   ]'s flying by. I have no clue if
this was coincidental or not, but I was curious about it and did some amount
of half hearted testing either way and I was left with the impression that
allowing it to run the clock down always worked but that was several months
ago.

I also had a crappy Belden (I repeat myself) KVM switch during that time and
the switch was the most likely culprit. However, I never observed the
behavior on anything but an embedded video main board. I had several boxes
at the time with the same main board and they all did it.

Bill Gradwohl
YCC
(817) 224-9400 x211
www.ycc.com