Re: Missing the starting post?

On January 09 Friday 2004 1:04 pm, shane c branch wrote:
> Carlos wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > On install of RH I do remember not using or enabling acpi, I did have
> > problems with it when installing mandrake (my first).
> > Carlos
>
> you could check your running services applet (in the gui) and see if
> there's a power management daemon configured to run at boot time. that
> might give you an idea as to if acpi is running.
>
> --
> regards,
>
> shane

I did both the init 0 and shutdown -h now and your both right it all goes back
the a screen and thats it. Think of this as solved, as I now know why it's
not shutting off and not some silly thing I missed. I will be trying to
change up on init: 5 to 3 and see if the starting post  (verbose I think?) to
come up on screen.

Thanks
Carlos