Re: ALSA support (was: Re: Extra programs for Red Hat)

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 09:41:59AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:

> it's the extra cruft I have an aversion to.  I like to have only what I need
> installed, nothing more.

Short of having your own distribution, I can't imagine anything ever
satisfying your needs. Red Hat and freshrpms.net make their packages
appeal to the largest amount of people possible. This requires compiling
in support for every sensible feature that the application offers.
Anything else implies recompiling hundreds of packages of in the Red Hat
distribution alone and almost all of the rpms that Matthias makes.
You're welcome to do so if you want to, of course but asking for this to
be make the rule instead of the exception it is sounds VERY impratical.

Emmanuel