Re: Extra programs for Red Hat

On Mon, May 26, 2003 20:55:09 at 08:55:09PM -0400, Audioslave - 7M3 - Live (creed7m3live@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> If Red Hat keeps stripping down their release size and keeps removing
> the programs that most people want to use.

If Red Hat keeps stripping down their release size and keeps removing
the programs that many of his *current* users want, maybe many more
people who cannot use it now will have an easier time. See my
signature.

> You'll need alternative installer programs. Unless you just quit
> desiring the dropped programs.

Red Hat needs a more sophisticated system to update and fetch stuff
from online repositories, all right. This, however, is an objective
issue which has nothing whatsoever to do with size and composition of
the distro. If Red Hat included all the programs mentioned in this
thread, people whould whine anyway because this and that are not there
anymore.

	  Ciao,
			Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

"The SUN TROPIC beauty farm reopens today: featuring exotic swimming
 pools, and, under the palm trees, **UVA lamps**"
(unluckily for humankind, a REAL ad that I read in a real magazine)